Wednesday, November 26, 2008

And the winner is...

Obama! I wasn't surprised, really. The American people followed the trend they've set for every election. When there's: war, dissatisfaction, etc. it's likely that the candidate who offers the most "rejuvenation" or has the most contrast to the president in charge will be the next in the white house.

I remember falling asleep in front of the TV waiting to find out the winner. Truth be told, I didn't even think twice about who the winner was when I woke up bleary-eyed in the morning. Luckily when my mom made sure I was awake, she told me that Obama won. I wasn't sure how to feel.

I was thinking something along the lines of, "Change. Okay... This is happening, right? But what will really happen?" I really didn't know how to feel. I just want my country, our country, to get back on track. I don't care if it's John McCain, Barack Obama, or Chuck Norris who gets the job done, I just want someone to take the reins and drive. I can't predict the future, and I think we're in good hands (Obama's that is), I just really hope our economy can pick back up soon--it's affecting us all in a major way.

No comments: