Technically I'm supposed to blog about the debate...but in all honesty I feel asleep after question one. However, watching 30 minutes of "The O'Reilly Factor" before the debate was really interesting. According to O'Reilly if Sarah Palin could pull off a decent, respectable debate...where she looked like she knew what she was talking about, then the American people would give her a break and take her as credible. Geraldine Ferraro had great advice to give Palin before the debate began, "Know your stuff" were her words. I'm not sure Palin really does...which is potentially a HUGE PROBLEM.
In all frankness I don't think the VP should really matter when picking the presidential candidate. Constitutionally speaking, they really have no role...other than to make the deciding vote when the Senate is tied (which has only happened once or twice). I don't care about Joe Biden. I don't care about Sarah Palin. All they do is cheerlead for Obama and McCain. They just reiterate what the candidates stand for. Yes, they are technically Vice Presidents... but in my opinion they shouldn't determine who you vote for.
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Why the VP debate matters is because it is actually often used as another "indirect" debate between candidates. Just as we have discussed in class all out attacks are not well received anymore by the American people. So....rather than Obama attacking McCain they get Biden to do it and vice versa. I actually also like this debate more because the candidates actually went into a touch more detail than debate #1 on their positions. Yes I know this is not saying much considering they were SOOO general the first time around however, I felt like this was an improvement. I felt as if Palin knew "her" stuff ie. relating to the people and energy in Alaska but Biden really showed his experience last night.
Post a Comment