If I had to vote right now, this very day, I would vote for Barack Obama. I wouldn't vote McCain because I don't support his health care policies. I think forcing businesses to pay taxes for their employers when they become sick is a bad idea. I'm no expert but to me I can see way too many loopholes to be found by the businesses. I think this would only hurt the "average joe" American worker, whether they work in a factory or behind the desk of a local business.
Another thing which I lean more towards Obama with is education. The reason I have to pay to attend this private school is because my parents were dissatisfied with the public education system. I think every parent should have the right to send their child to a public school of their choice and find comfort in the fact that their children are being well-prepared for life. That being said, this is not the reality of today. Example in case: myself.
One of the reasons I would be swayed to vote Obama is because he represents that one important, six letter word: CHANGE. I'm not saying this inherently makes him a better candidate, but in my mind he is so associated with that word that I feel like if I voted for McCain there would be no change (this is probably thanks to the media...). I think there are a lot of things that need to be modified in the world we live in and I know they won't all happen overnight, but I don't feel that Obama's "inexperience" will leave him unable to make the modifications necessary. In fact, I don't really consider him to be inexperienced at all. I think the media plays him up to be inexperienced because he isn't 78 years old like John McCain (again, another tactic by the media to influence voters).
Again, Obama is my choice if I had to vote in this election. Part of me is almost relieved that I don't have to vote because I am really not sure who I would pick. I would want to do a lot more research on the topic (yes, even more debate watching and newspaper reading) before I made a decision. It really scares me to think that 32% of our nation decide who will be the next leader for all 100% of us. Voter turnout is a whole 'nother can of worms.
Back to the case in point: If I had to vote, I'd vote Obama.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
funny you mention "Joe" when that is exactly who they kept mentioning during tonights debate :). Aside from Change what other strengths does Obama bring to the position. I like that you addressed the issue of health care. oh and regarding Voter Turnout that is next on our agenda!
Post a Comment